Trademark registration is an important mechanism through which a brand can be protected from unwanted use and infringement. Trademark registration process in India has been simplified by the Government and Entrepreneurs can now easily obtain trademark registration for their brands within a few months.
Any individual – Indian National or Foreign National can easily register a trademark in India. There is no requirement for forming a legal entity or business entity to register a trademark.
Who can make Trademark Registration
- Individuals & Sole Proprietorship
- Partnership Firm
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
List of documents required for Trademark Registration in India
It must have the following documents to be registered:
- Copy of Logo (Optional)
- Form-48 (It is and authorisation Letter)
- Copy of COI (In case of Company)
- Partnership Deed (In case of Firm & LLP)
- Udyog Aaddhar registration certificate (In case of Firm & LLP)
- Identity Proof of Authorised Signatory
- Address Proof of Authorised Signatory
Procedure For Trademark Registration in India
- An Authorisation Letter will be sent for signature
- The Application for trademark will be drafted and filed by the attorney within 3 days from thhe receipt of authorization letter and payment.
- The Government charges for making a trademark application as following :
- Indiaviduals – 4500/- per class for E-Filling
- Partnership Firm/LLP/Comapny -9000/- per class for E-filling
Government Process for Trademark Registration
- Formality check pass
- Vienna codification
- Marked for Examination
- Objection/ No Objection
- Wait for Opposition
- Registration if not opposed
Trademark Registration is time taken process as after the filling of Application it takes a minimum of 12 to 18 months for the trademark to be granted.